Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimi21

Why is my camera system asking me to update every time I log on to it.

Jump to solution

Every time I log in to check on my mom with the camera. It tells me to update the firm software every time. Why does it do this. I have a second camera at my dad’s and it doesn’t do that at all. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my camera system asking me to update every time I log on to it.

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mimi21,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about the Roku Camera firmware update. We are glad to be of service and will do our best to assist you.

Firmware updates for supported Roku® Smart Home devices are released on a regular basis, but a variety of issues can cause a failure, such as a bad internet connection or an outdated Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Many issues can be resolved by restarting your smart home device and then trying to perform the action again. Follow the steps below to restart your smart home device in the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Use the following steps to restart your smart home camera in the app.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar 

2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings in the corner
  4. Scroll down and tap Restart or Restart Camera

In order to update the firmware on your smart home device, your device must be both powered on and connected to the internet. Additionally, the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device must be up to date.

For more detailed information about the Roku Smart Home software update issue, visit our Support page here:How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my camera system asking me to update every time I log on to it.

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mimi21,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us about the Roku Camera firmware update. We are glad to be of service and will do our best to assist you.

Firmware updates for supported Roku® Smart Home devices are released on a regular basis, but a variety of issues can cause a failure, such as a bad internet connection or an outdated Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Many issues can be resolved by restarting your smart home device and then trying to perform the action again. Follow the steps below to restart your smart home device in the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Use the following steps to restart your smart home camera in the app.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar 

2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings in the corner
  4. Scroll down and tap Restart or Restart Camera

In order to update the firmware on your smart home device, your device must be both powered on and connected to the internet. Additionally, the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device must be up to date.

For more detailed information about the Roku Smart Home software update issue, visit our Support page here:How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.