Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matsmats

We have two phones with the smart home app. Notifications are received at 2 diff times

I have the smart home app for our outdoor camera on my phone and on my wife's phone. When we have an event, I get the notification on my phone right after the event is recorded, but my wife does not receive the notification for another 5 to 10 minutesl.  Why is this?  thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: We have two phones with the smart home app. Notifications are received at 2 diff times

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @matsmats!

Thanks for posting your query regarding the Smart Home App notification. We're here to assist you with this.

May we first know if you and your wife's phone are connected to the same network connection? It may be possible that a delay happened because of the signal of your Wi-Fi or mobile data.

Furthermore, you could also try to delete the app, reboot your smartphone, and install it again as a troubleshooting method to see if it will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.