Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbwhite
Reel Rookie

TV viewer timeout for camera

Jump to solution

I have the outdoor wireless camera, and a Roku TV. They connect up fine and I can watch for a while. But after a few minutes the TV constantly ask me if I want to stay connected. Is there any way to turn this off? It's extremely annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV viewer timeout for camera

Jump to solution

Greetings @Dbwhite 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Please be aware that what you are seeing is expected behavior as live streaming on a Roku Smart Home Camera will consume more power.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Dbwhite 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Please be aware that what you are seeing is expected behavior as live streaming on a Roku Smart Home Camera will consume more power.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbwhite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess that's your choice to make. As your customer it takes away from one of the main reasons I picked up this camera. I thought I could use it to monitor an area with my Roku TV. It should be my choice to use up the battery, not to mention I put a battery backup on it and it stays charged anyways. I was going to buy another one but now I'm looking elsewhere. Just giving you honest feedback.

Jump to solution

completely agreed. I just bought 2 of these camera and also purchased a brand new 24 inch tv for the sole purpose of having a constant live feed of what is going on outside my house. so disappointing I have to constantly be hitting a button to keep the camera livestream up. I personally don't care if I have to charge the cameras twice a week. Give me the option to have a constant live feed

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.