Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wjguy61
Reel Rookie

Roku outdoor camera connection timeout

I go thru all the setup procedures including entering the wifi. Tried different settings for router etc..I've hit a major Brick wall as after I scam QR code it tells me please wait then about 30 seconds later "connection timeout please rescan QR code" no change in the app. About to return this back to the store and go ring. Please help. Product is Ring outdoor camera 

10 REPLIES 10
Kyleennieweenie
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku outdoor camera connection timeout

I am having this same issue. I have split even split my internet to 2.4 hz and it’s still not connecting. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wjguy61 @Kyleennieweenie

Thanks for the post.

How far is your outdoor camera from your wireless router? Have you tried moving the outdoor camera closer to your wireless router to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Wjguy61
Reel Rookie

I tried setting it up directly beside router 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wjguy61

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kyleennieweenie
Reel Rookie

Hello, approx 3 feet from the router. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kyleennieweenie

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jteicheira

I’m having the same problem with brand new cameras and the app shutting down when I set up the base station for the outdoor camera 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jteicheira

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spring3

I have the same issue with my Roku Outdoor Camera I recently bought. I stuck with the screen saying “Please Wait” and never move to the next screen. I tried multiple times but no response changed. The base station is directly connected with the router. Please solve this issue.

0 Kudos