Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R0kuBlows1

Roku Smart Home using SD card concern

I was thinking about switching away from Wyze. I like the fact you could view your Roku cameras from your Roku TV. “Literally the only benefit”. I switched and got two indoor cameras. Set only one up to test and never even got the other out of the box that is how trash these are. The first two weeks went okay other than the software on the camera or app were buggy. I added local storage an “SD” card. But Roku has it set up to not be able to view that footage unless you take out the SD care and put it in another device…… if you have an SD card with a Wyze came you just view the footage from the app. Roku will let you view footage if you pay a monthly subscription for each camera or like $10 a month for 100 cameras. You guys a **bleep**ing dumb. I also can’t capture events even with the SD card. I’m not sure if that is by design or a bug. Because every once in a while I will see event captures but then go days without any. It’s just a picture by the way not even a snippet of video. Like is the joke getting funnier. Because I’m laughing my ass off that people actually stick with these. I’m not writing this to get help I am definitely switching back to Wyze. Just a warning for any other customers. 

1 REPLY 1
Jmboyar

Roku Smart Home using SD card concern

I was also bitterly disapointed to find out that I had to buy the subscription if I wanted to see the events recorded on my 5 Roku cameras protecting my vacation home. What a "crock" !! Rokus advertising is very, very misleading saying you can monitor events w/o a subscription by using SD cards. I need to know what just happened, I can't drive 3 hrs to find out what happened. BUYERS BEWARE!!

John B., Camp Hill, pa

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.