Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remote viewing of camera not working? Any advice?

Jump to solution

I've no luck getting cameras working. Maybe too far away. May need to hard wire. And take them back for exchange. I think I'm just in a high interference area, lots of rfi around. May just stick with old system, it's just too new yet. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remote viewing of camera not working? Any advice?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your concern. I've got it going it's just to far away. And yes it must be used with the home app. And I'm still going to hard wire due to distance and my walls are thick. It was like about 40 feet away. I'm going to mount them elsewhere.

Thank you. Hopefully this helps more people. Kudos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Anonymous Congrats on your new camera purchase. I'd like to gather some additional details from you. Feel free to shoot me a Private Message here if you prefer, or just answer on this thread.

• Was the camera previously streaming for you?
  • If you move the camera closer to your wireless router (and possibly restart it) does that allow you to connect?
  • About how far away are you trying to have the camera connect (from the camera to the wireless router)? 

Let us know, we'd love to try to help get this resolved for you! 
Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for your concern. I've got it going it's just to far away. And yes it must be used with the home app. And I'm still going to hard wire due to distance and my walls are thick. It was like about 40 feet away. I'm going to mount them elsewhere.

Thank you. Hopefully this helps more people. Kudos

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.