Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Recordings stored, some seem to be unable to play..

I have a subscription to Roku for my security cameras, and I have noticed when I click on certain recordings through the app on my phone they won't play.  I just get a still shot.  I have the cameras set up to record on motion or sound. This seems to be intermittent.  Most of the recordings will play back for me, albeit a bit slow, but some, even when it shows there is 20s of recording just don't play.  Not sure what to do about this.  Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Recordings stored, some seem to be unable to play..

Hello @CatCat2 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with video recordings playback.

How far is your Roku Smart Home device cameras from your wireless router? Has this playback issue always been occurring, or did it recently just start?

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

We have the outdoor camera on our porch ceiling area which is about 20 ft away from the router approximately.  The other camera's are indoors and run between 20 ft to 10 ft.  We get really good wifi strength on all our other devices that are on wifi only that are equally far away from our router.  

We haven't had the cameras that long, only about a week or so, and we noticed this when we first hooked up the cameras and they started recording.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @CatCat2 

Thanks for the follow up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Ok will do!

0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Do you know when someone will get back with me?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @CatCat2 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device.

It looks like you haven't provided us with the Log ID when you see this issue. Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Please keep us posted with that information and I'll be able to move it along to be looked into further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

I sent more log ID submissions just now. And have a total of 9 log ID reports showing on my app

0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Maybe I am misunderstanding what your asking.  Here are the Log ID numbers:

32786  Date: 4/17/23

32787  Date: 4/17/23

32788  Date 4/17/23

33079  Date 4/18/23

33081  Date 4/18/23

33083  Date 4/18/23

33084  Date 4/18/23

33085  Date 4/18/23

33086  Date 4/18/23

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @CatCat2 

Thanks for getting back to us and providing us with those Log IDs.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.