Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OiTechie
Reel Rookie

Playback Issues with Roku Smart Home app for SE cameras

Jump to solution

Hello, I have 5 Roku cameras who are all currently recording and working fine live. But when I go to the Smart Home app to view any recordings, the loading screen freezes up and doesn’t play back the video at all. Then it freezes the entire app and does not let me back out of it or press any other buttons.

I have tried to restart my phone, log in/out of my account, turn off the WiFi and turn it back on, install/uninstall the app, disconnect the cameras and connect them all back, and even checked the memory card. Nothing works. I even checked if I have any rules set up that might intervene (which I do not have any). Detection is at 100 and has always worked at 100 before this started happening

Does anyone know what else I can do that I haven’t tried yet?

I never get any response from Roku support whenever stuff like this happens and I live in a high crime area.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback Issues with Roku Smart Home app for SE cameras

Jump to solution

@OiTechie-

Congrats on getting it working, even if you don't know what you did (😊 ).

For future reference, you've posted in the section of the forum devoted to Streaming Players.  You're more likely to get the help you need with Smart Home devices in the Smart Home section found here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Smart-Home/ct-p/roku-smart-home

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
OiTechie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried the solution of uninstalling/ installing the app one more time and it finally worked again. I still don’t know why it did not work the first time I did this.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@OiTechie-

Congrats on getting it working, even if you don't know what you did (😊 ).

For future reference, you've posted in the section of the forum devoted to Streaming Players.  You're more likely to get the help you need with Smart Home devices in the Smart Home section found here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Smart-Home/ct-p/roku-smart-home

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.