Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mwilli
Reel Rookie

Outdoor camera SE recording cool down.

I've set the cool down time between recording motion events to zero yet I have tested it several times and it seems to have a cool down period of at least 30 or more seconds. The cat set off the camera as someone was pulling in my drive and the camera didn't record anything again until the person was on the way off the porch after talking to me at the door for a minute. 

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew707
Reel Rookie

Re: Outdoor camera SE recording cool down.

Same here. I have the cooldown period set to no cooldown. Yet it seems it still has one. I noticed the issue same as you. A pet set it off then FedEx pulled up delivered a package and none of it was captured on camera.

0 Kudos
Mwilli
Reel Rookie

I think it has to do with how long the camera is taking to upload the previous video to the cloud.

0 Kudos
Andrew707
Reel Rookie

Possibly. It is a inconvenience for sure. I was thinking of maybe setting a recording time frame. Real question is will it still have smart detection while doing so or send alerts.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.