Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPL19
Reel Rookie

Outdoor Cameras - No Smart Detection / No Recording

We have two outdoor cameras.  Initially they seemed to work ok, for instance notifying us of a car pulling in the driveway, etc.  Now they do not record or notify on any events, and today I noticed one will not hold settings under "EVENT RECORDING / SMART DETECTION".  If I set sliders to on it looks like they are set, but if I back out and go back in the settings are all set back to off. 

The cameras are connected and I can manually record to my subscription and also view from my app.  I also checked and motion tagging seems fine, I can watch it tag something if I view live from my phone - but it does not record / notify.  I also have three indoor cameras and they record fine when set to do so.

Wish to get this to work as expected.

Joe

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MagiTrick
Reel Rookie

Re: Outdoor Cameras - No Smart Detection / No Recording

I've got the same thing going on. I can view live but no recordings in events. Mine started doing this after I recharged the camera this week. All settings look good in the app and can view live like you. I think the last time it did this I had to delete the camera and add back. They should really look into fixing this.

0 Kudos
Woodstock_Rokr
Reel Rookie

Add another voice to the mix re: no detection/no recording issue for Outdoor cameras.  I had found a series of postings from someone else who had a similar issue, and they seemed to find an issue related to the number of cameras under their subscription level --- but, my prob is that I like a doofus paid for the year to get all cameras covered, and yet I'm still having these problems.  My indoor cams are all working fine, once I can convince them to connect to the wifi.  At some point, I'm thinking that my old Harbor Freight Bunker Hill system will have to come back out of storage.  The Roku TV and streaming boxes work great, too bad this home monitoring is quite up to snuff yet. 

0 Kudos
Marius432

I have a wireless outdoor camera . It will not record events , it only takes 1 picture of the event . Do these cameras not record?  If I click the record button that will work , but I want it to record events on its own without me pushing a button

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Marius432, do you have a subscription?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos