Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeccaD25
Reel Rookie

Outdoor Camera issues with Wifi and charging

I have had my outdoor camera for less than a week and I'm having so many issues and maybe I didn't do something right...

I did the set up as the app said, but more often than not when I got to check the live stream, it wont connect. I have checked my wifi, reset the router, etc. I have to open and close the app like a million times for it to connect. 

Second issue. I fully charged it today and when I turned it back on and got the livestream up, it said 68%. But based on the insert, it should've been 100%. I am using the camera for something specific and need it open and live when I'm sleeping. Last night when I went to bed it was at 66% and when I checked it 3 hours later, it had shut off cause it was on 5%... i thought this had a 6 month battery life on one charge.. 

I was also told 1-3 day shipping and it was 10 days before I got it... 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Outdoor Camera issues with Wifi and charging

"Battery life:  6 months with <10 events per day; varies with usage"

https://www.roku.com/products/smart-home/cameras/roku-outdoor-camera-se

If you want to have the live stream on continuously, the battery operated camera isn't for you.  The live stream will also cut off automatically after a short period to conserve the battery.  A weak Wi-Fi connection will also affect battery drain.

It does seem like your battery drain is excessive.  If it were me, I'd return it while I had the chance and get the wired camera or the floodlight camera if they're an option (power source nearby) and I wanted to stick with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
BeccaD25
Reel Rookie

The wired camera, does that mean wired to a power outlet or wired to the wifi router? 

If wired to power outlet, how long is the cord? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Wired to the power outlet.  I don't know how long the cord is, but it's probably like 6 feet.  You can always use an extension cord.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.