Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users for my camera

My roomate and I both want to have access to camera feed. It kicks one of us off when the other connects. Please help 

13 REPLIES 13
DylanSmartHome
Binge Watcher

Re: Multiple users for my camera

I would also like to give permission for a family member who lives in the same area as my house that my Roku cameras are in the ability to monitor the cameras without interfering with my ability to do so.

Surely there's a way for multiple household members to all be able to monitor the same house? How is that supposed to work? If there's no provisions for this, that's a glaring weakness in the Roku doorbell/camera system?!

jnspavey21
Reel Rookie

I found the solution to this problem for myself. I signed into my account on my sister's phone. Now she is able to see everything on all of my cameras at the same time as I am. Without any interference or interruption. 

Breezy666

And can u explain what I do to be able to add a person to camera so he can see it to so here's the deal I was trying to be on my boyfriend's camera as well as him and I kicked him off and now I'm on there now we can't figure out how we can both be on there he's not too happy tehe 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Simonsays420

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deanna513

Can you tell me how my husband and I can see the camara at the same time. Every time one of us logs on it kicks the other off.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide more detailed information about what you are seeing? How are you the accessing the Roku Smart Home Camera streams for each person? If you are accessing through mobile devices, what brand mobile devices are you using and what kind of OS are these devices utilizing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BabienJ

I feel like everyone has been pretty up front with their questions. Multiple different users on a smart home app. Period. Standard stuff with every other smart home app I use. Doesn’t matter what device we are using. IOS, Android, PC. How do you invite multiple users? I have 3 adults living in my home. I do not want them all to log in as myself. I want to invite them as separate authorized users.

Please help.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@BabienJ, right now it's just not possible.  Whether that feature ever gets added is anyone's guess.  There is a place to suggest features.  Whether the suggestions go anywhere I couldn't say.

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Christine1980
Reel Rookie

@Deanna513 I'm not seeing anything that states it has that option, so what I have done is log into the smart home app on their mobile with my login and each person can look at it together but please note that if one accidentally changes something then it will change on both phones and if you're away and you have to rescan your device you won't be able to.

0 Kudos