Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arcjoh
Reel Rookie

Labeling a device on smart home

Jump to solution

I have 3 outside wired cameras. On my app they are listed as indoor cameras. Does this matter? I can’t seem to find out how to change the labeling.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Labeling a device on smart home

Jump to solution

Hi @arcjoh 

Thanks for the inquiring regarding your Roku Smart Home Cameras.

Please be aware that you can change the main name of your camera  but you cannot change the name of the camera in the device information section. 

We hope this clarifies your inquiry. If you have another inquiry or issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting again in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @arcjoh 

Thanks for the inquiring regarding your Roku Smart Home Cameras.

Please be aware that you can change the main name of your camera  but you cannot change the name of the camera in the device information section. 

We hope this clarifies your inquiry. If you have another inquiry or issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting again in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arcjoh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was not clear in my explanation. On my smart home app - under device info - my outside wired cameras are listed as indoor cameras. Does this affect anything on my app as to what I can do with the cameras on the app. I do experience occasional failures to upload to cloud. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @arcjoh 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the labelling of the Roku Smart Home Cameras will have no effect on your Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.