Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kookie18

Initial setup not working of indoor camera

Indoor camera SE 2 pack. One connected and is working fine. The other one fails to connect every single time. I’ve done the hard reset and it doesn’t work. #indoorcamera

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Initial setup not working

@Kookie18

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Where in the setup process is your Roku Smart Home camera failing to be exact? When setting up your Roku Smart Home camera, is the device close to your wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stonerod
Reel Rookie

Set phone to a 2.4 network, downloaded Roku APP, connected camera to power, got flashing red light, selected device in the APP, got to "press the setup" page, pressed and nothing.....except camera keeps saying "ready to connect".

I have repeated the setup process (10) times to no avail.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@stonerod

Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure to follow the instructions that are included in the Roku Smart Home camera box specifically in the order instructed? When pressing the button on the camera during setup, are you making sure to press firmly on the button? Can you specify the exact steps you are doing during the setup process and what is happening when you are experiencing an issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stonerod
Reel Rookie

Danny...

I have done everything 6-times including:

Resetting router, resetting camera, uninstalling and downloading the app, and adding new device.  At that point all I get is the camera saying "ready to connect".....and it won't shut up !

Help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@stonerod

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jt2450

I'm having the same issue. My wifi connection says 2.4/5G so it seems to work for both. But does not work with these cameras. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jt2450

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Smart Home Camera will only connect to a 2.4 GHz wireless network. Have you made sure that the Roku Smart Home devices are connecting to the correct wireless network? In addition, have you tried moving the Roku Smart Home Camera closer to your wireless router?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos