Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole41
Reel Rookie

Indoor camera set up Connection time out

Jump to solution

Just bought a new indoor camera trying to set it up and keep getting connection time out after 30 seconds. Ive done all the troubleshooting steps that could be found and still nothing. Incredibly frustrating. Please help thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera set up Connection time out

Jump to solution

Hi @Nicole41 @tbcn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I noticed in your post that you are trying to set up your Indoor Roku Camera but it keeps on disconnecting to the internet. I'll be glad to provide you with further assistance in this issue.

Connectivity issues can be caused by internet outages, weak signals, and out-of-date software. Please ensure that your Roku Camera is connected to a 2.4 Ghz wireless network frequency. If not, you will need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.

I suggest trying to uninstall and install the Roku Smart Home app again. If it does not work, follow the troubleshooting steps below.

Set up your device again:

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

Reset your device:

If setting up your smart home device again does not resolve the issue, you can factory reset it and then set it up again. This should be a last resort for troubleshooting purposes since it removes all preferences and settings. For help, learn how to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device

If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

For more help, you can visit these support articles: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues| How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
tbcn
Reel Rookie

Indoor Camera SE - "Connection Timeout" Error - New Setup

Jump to solution

Multiple attempts fail after the QR scan.  Voice feedback is "connection timeout, please re-scan QR code".

- Confirmed 2.4 GHz

- Re-booted wifi modem

- Power-down and re-start camera

- Restart android phone

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tony

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nicole41 @tbcn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I noticed in your post that you are trying to set up your Indoor Roku Camera but it keeps on disconnecting to the internet. I'll be glad to provide you with further assistance in this issue.

Connectivity issues can be caused by internet outages, weak signals, and out-of-date software. Please ensure that your Roku Camera is connected to a 2.4 Ghz wireless network frequency. If not, you will need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.

I suggest trying to uninstall and install the Roku Smart Home app again. If it does not work, follow the troubleshooting steps below.

Set up your device again:

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

Reset your device:

If setting up your smart home device again does not resolve the issue, you can factory reset it and then set it up again. This should be a last resort for troubleshooting purposes since it removes all preferences and settings. For help, learn how to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device

If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

For more help, you can visit these support articles: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues| How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tbcn
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor Camera SE - "Connection Timeout" Error - New Setup

Jump to solution

Continuing my efforts....

- re-installed phone app

- tried my wife's android phone

- checked security settings for my wifi (I can see the RK_CAM device listed)

- since I ordered four new Roku cameras, I opened and tried a different camera.

- continue trying numerous nuances during the process to allow connection.

NO SUCCESS.   What next please?

0 Kudos
Nicole41
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Internet is fine. Checked multiple times. It won’t connect at all. No device to delete seeing as how it can’t be added to begin with. It won’t even add the device. It won’t complete the set up. 

0 Kudos
DigDoug95

Jump to solution

I'm trying to set up 2 outdoor cameras right now and there doing the same thing.  I've been at this for an hour now. This is ridiculous.  Feel like I just wasted $105. 

0 Kudos
ATHoodie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Roku Indoor Camera SE & Roku Wired Outdoor Camera. When I try to set up cameras I keep getting “Connection Time out, Rescan QR Code” I have 2 Indoor Cameras that are currently connected and have been for 2 months but can not add these 2 new cameras due to “ Connection Time Out”

0 Kudos
ATHoodie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Roku Indoor Camera SE & Roku Wired Outdoor Camera. When I try to set up cameras I keep getting “Connection Time out, Rescan QR Code” I have 2 Indoor Cameras that are currently connected and have been for 2 months but can not add these 2 new cameras due to “ Connection Time Out”

0 Kudos
DigDoug95

Jump to solution

Yup, same thing here. Same cameras as you. I have one that's connected and working for over a year. I'm thinking roku must have a problem with their app or their programs. I am going to call in the morning and see if I can get anywhere with them. 

0 Kudos
wanevinger

Jump to solution

Had the same issue that drove me insane for hours. Turns out I had my DFS channel active. Change the wifi channel if it won't connect or asks for the qr code again. You can be connected to the 5 gigahertz net as long as you have 2.4/5 unified network. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.