Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PghNana
Channel Surfer

Re: Indoor camera randomly disconnected

Thank you! I’ll check out the Wyze site now.  My second camera just went offline a few minutes ago. Grrrrr

mtwrangler
Binge Watcher

I would be more inclined to think that the "partner service" is AWS aka Amazon Web Services, as that is who they use to handle all the transport of their video/connections, etc.

They have had problems in the past, and AWS affects many many different services such as Google, Netflix, on and on the list goes. I assume depending on how they use AWS, it will affect different companies in different ways is Amazon Web Services has connectivity issues.

mtwrangler
Binge Watcher

Think of Wyze and Roku cams as a barnacle on a big ship (Amazon Web Services), depending on the ship (AWS) to transport them back and forth to where they need to go

ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

That makes sense! I'm old and don't understand technology until someone explains it to me like you did lol Thank you! 

ConstanceBeasle
Channel Surfer

Mine is working again for the time being!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.