Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armyof427
Reel Rookie

Indoor Camera will not stay connected.

My indoor security camera will not stay connected. It connects and works for about 5 minutes, then it cuts off and I have to completely shut everything down and restart. It will not stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I can not restart it from my phone at all. I have to physically shut the camera off and restart the app.

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera will not stay connected.

Hi @armyof427 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Are you making sure to use the original power cable and cord that came with the Roku Smart Home device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tammyt

My indoor roku smart camera will not stay connected it has deleted times and shuts down ive done everything i can possibly do to fix it and it keeps saying cant update errior failed so please fix it i got this camera for a reason 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @tammyt 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out regarding your Roku Smart Home Camera disconnecting.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Can you be more specific of what exactly is happening when the issue occurs? Can you provide screenshots of what is displayed on the Roku Smart Home mobile app so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tamela

I need help my cameras will not stay working they worked great for a couple of monthes now nothing I have tried taking it closer it’s not helping I really need these to work my husband has cancer that’s my way of checking on him when at work 

0 Kudos
Leanne66

I’m having the same issue with mine. I have 2 indoor cameras and one outdoor. The outdoor works fine but the indoor works a few days to a week then goes off line. At different times, one will work and the other will not and vice versa. I have pets that I like to check on while I’m at work and this is frustrating. I’m following the thread to find out how to fix this issue. I have reached out a couple of times with support but have not received an answer that will fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Tamela @Leanne66 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera disconnecting from your wireless network.

Have you tried rebooting your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing? How far is your Roku Smart Home device from your wireless router?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the brand and model router you are using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back your responses.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos