Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Continuous Recording Roku Outdoor Se Floodlight Model?

Jump to solution

Per the Topic:  Does Roku Outdoor Camera SE with Floodlights support continuous recording with SD Card?

Roku says all home smart devices have this setting.  Can someone please confirm, as I just bought the Outdoor Floodlight Camera, but before I have it installed, I want to make sure this feature (continuous recording) is truly available when an SD card is inserted.

I can't find any information on Roku verifying this model supports continuous recording.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Continuous Recording Roku Outdoor Se Floodlight Model?

Jump to solution

@Rokcuz1951

Thanks for the inquiry.

Yes, you will be able to record continuously with a SD card with the Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera. Please be aware that you will only be able to view the recordings by connecting the SD card to a computer for playback.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rokcuz1951

Thanks for the inquiry.

Yes, you will be able to record continuously with a SD card with the Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera. Please be aware that you will only be able to view the recordings by connecting the SD card to a computer for playback.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Does Roku intend to allow the SD card to be accessed by the APP any time soon?

It sounds TOTALLY ridiculous to have a Camera Mounted, and the ONLY way to pull off the video is climb up and remove that SD card? This seems like a HUGE oversight on Roku's part!

Why would Roku add the ability to view videos from the SD card through the app itself?

BoraInc

Jump to solution

Another vote from me, you need to enable to access to the recording on the sd-card. When will this be done?

Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Definitely should build SD card access into the remote viewing of the camera.

0 Kudos
Tommypr

Jump to solution

Agreed, that's why I'm getting a Wyze camera instead of Roku. It allows to see your micro SD card on the app.

0 Kudos