Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
classicamy

extender on backorder, my account may I use on other tv?

the extender I need for our TV is on backorder for a month.  May I connect the roku stick to a different tv until the extender arrives and then switch it to the tv we really purchased it for?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: extender on backorder, my account may I use on other tv?

@classicamy 

You can move your Roku device to any TV you want. They are not tied to any TV.

Be aware that if your configured your remote for one brand TV, then moved it to another brand TV, you may need to reconfigure the remote. Not re-pair it; that has nothing to do with controlling the TV. But you may have to use the menu system to set up the remote for a different brand TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: extender on backorder, my account may I use on other tv?

Meanwhile, there's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension.  it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos