Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need a payment method to upload a channel package??

I said I didn't want any monetization. Does it cost money to upload?? If so, why doesn't it say so?? Because it would be a scam if it didn't say anything. And when I tried to put my credit card, it said it was invalid even though it didn't expire yet. So I tried to create a pay pal account and the pay pal didn't allow me to add my card either.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why do you need a payment method to upload a channel package??

This sounds like a developer issue.  You'll have better luck restating the problem in the developer section, but you don't need a payment method to create a channel/app unless something has changed (which I doubt).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Why do you need a payment method to upload a channel package??

It sounds frustrating that you're encountering difficulties with uploading a channel package without intending to monetize. While it's unusual to require a payment method for uploads, some platforms may have certain requirements or limitations. It's essential to review the platform's terms and conditions thoroughly to understand any associated costs or restrictions. Regarding the issue with your credit card and PayPal, it might be worth double-checking the information you're entering or reaching out to their support for assistance.