Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joy5
Reel Rookie

Walmart + and Free Paramount +

I signed up for Walmart+ and part of the offer is free Paramount+.  I have a Roku JVC TV.  When I try to activate Paramount+ on my TV it reverts to the payment I entered when I set up the TV a year ago.  There are no Walmart payment listed.  I called Paramount+ and was told to call Roku.  I called Roku and she kept insisting there was a Walmart app on Roku TVs.  No there isn't!  I was jerked to 3 different employees on Roku and they kept cutting me off to transfer me to another.  I could barely understand them.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Walmart + and Free Paramount +

Go to https://my.roku.com/subscriptions and verify you do NOT have an active subscription with Roku. Make sure you are logged into the same account as the TV.

Also, you must use the standalone Paramount+ app, and not go through The Roku Channel or similar. If the app is already installed, uninstall it, reboot the TV (pull the power cord for a few seconds), then reinstall to see if that clears any settings.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Can also add that you may need to cursor around to find an often tiny or hidden "Sign In" type link on that opening page of the app.

0 Kudos
Joy5
Reel Rookie

hat app on Roku TV?  I can access add Paramount+ on the Walmart+ on my computer, but there is no way I am going to sit in front of my computer to watch Paramount+.  

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As mentioned, the link is just to verify you don't have any subscription through Roku. And as noted, you must use the standalone app on the Roku, and may need to cursor around to see if there is a separate "Sign In" for when you do have an existing Paramount+ account.

0 Kudos
Buckster75
Reel Rookie

How do I log into my paramount plus from Walmart on my Roku tv? There is only an option to subscribe and pay

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted earlier, make certain you are using the Paramount+ app, not Paramount+ through The Roku Channel. Also, cursor around and sometimes links to sign in or log in or "already have a subscription" may be hard to see and moving around will highlight it.

0 Kudos
Buckster75
Reel Rookie

How do I get this app on my tv?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Just use the Search in the menu. One entry should show the big Paramount+ logo. Sect it, install, then run.

0 Kudos