Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heatherb23

Re: Unknown charge roku channel 816

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same subject rokue deus but for $3.92. I checked my subscriptions and nothing for that amount. Is Roku scamming?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Heatherb23, do you have a subscription that's close to that amount?  Keep in mind that the amount charged includes tax.  Roku isn't scamming, but scammers can put any description they want on a charge.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
1Why

Jump to solution

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue. So even if they send a new card they are still charging, how?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

All of the major credit card companies now offer updater services which allow merchants to get your new card info. It saves merchants time trying to contact customers for updated info and under normal circumstances, many customers find it convenient as well.

So, unfortunately, you can’t rely on just replacing a card to make subscriptions go away.  You might be able to cancel this “feature” at your financial institution.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Darlene52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been paying $4.99 a month forever. I was assuming it was for the AMC channel, but I noticed today that 618 is not the AMC channel, there is no 618 channel. I've seen other charges in the past as high as $6+. So I think it's pretty much a bad deal when a company you trust doesn't have the ability to keep customer accounts safe, I am retired on a fixed income and i can't afford for $5 a month or more to vanish into Roku universe. Things like this will have people going right back to cable. So far this year alone I've had $35 vanish, Lord only knows what the amount is if I go adding it up over the years. This is the type of thing that customers should be informed on. You guys know it's happening as soon as someone asks or complains about it, but people like me who are stumbling across the problem by coincidence, after they have been taken for a good amount of money is uncalled for. Roku should be taking the responsibility to contact customers if by no other means by adding a Roku Update channel where we can get information to take steps to protect our accounts. It could be a place to learn about updates and other information. Like what we can do when we are scammed out of money through your very obvious unsecure app. So now what? I reported to my bank, but what are you going to do?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Darlene52   Login to your Roku account on a phone or computer using the same email listed on your Roku device under settings, system, about.  If you forgot your password you can reset the password.  Once you are logged into your account, go to Device Settings,  Pin/Parental controls and set up a pin to make  purchases.  Your charges are likely for movies etc. that are accidently ordered without a Pin required.

0 Kudos
Darlene52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, I have a pin set up. Only two people live in my home. I'm 72 and my son who is 34. Neither of us have need or desire to rent movies when we already get even the newest releases free on the Internet. My son isn't a child, he knows our budget doesn't allow for movie rentals and considering he's a gamer, he'd spend the money on a game first, but even then he asks permission. So no and what a giant coincidence it would be that if movies were being rented that it's always the same time of the month. Naaa, I think you guys need to upgrade your security system

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Darlene52, are you sure it doesn't say 816 and not 618?  816 is the beginning of a phone number and has nothing to do with a channel number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Juju12589

Jump to solution

Charge is for paramount + to anyone else having this same charge pop up I had the same issue it really takes some digging to figure it out but that’s what the Roku channel 816 charge is for hope this helps 

0 Kudos
amack212

Jump to solution

Hope this helps some people.. I get a charge for 21.09, it is Bally Sports (Diamond Sports Group). Do you subscribe to any sports services?

0 Kudos