Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bretco902
Reel Rookie

Roku subscription vs App subscription ?

Jump to solution

Hi - I'm simply hoping someone can explain to me how this all works.

I had a subscription for MLB.TV on my iPhone that I wanted to cancel prior to the renewal date.  I did this successfully, but then still saw the charge on my credit card account from Roku.  I just assumed that by canceling the subscription on my phone, it would automatically prevent access through Roku as well (it's the same account!).  Is this now a "2 step" cancellation process?  Seems like a bad and unfair design... unless I'm missing something here?
Would appreciate any knowledge/guidance from someone in the Roku community.  Thank you!

-Bret

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku subscription vs App subscription ?

Jump to solution

It sounds to me like you may have had two subscriptions to MLB.TV.  Check your subscriptions on your Roku account at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It sounds to me like you may have had two subscriptions to MLB.TV.  Check your subscriptions on your Roku account at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bretco902
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ahh, I think you’re right.  I just checked, and the Roku “version” was still active.  But I’ve only been getting charged for 1 account - so I’m trying to figure out how the heck I created another one in the process?

Anyway… thanks for your response.  Kudo has been given 👍🏼

Bret

0 Kudos