Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bennylynn
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

Pitiful customer service 

0 Kudos
Monmaxwell54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why am I being charge for Warner media

Monmaxwell54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Monmaxwell54 This has been answered numerous times in this specific thread. A charge for Warner Media is almost always tied to an HBO Max subscription. If you check your Roku user account web site (https://my.roku.com) and determine there is no subscription listed there for HBO (or possibly some other Warner Media channel), then Roku is not the one billing you. Scammers have a list of stolen credit card numbers and are submitting billing and placing Roku in the info line.

Again, if you aren't subscribing to something through Roku, then you are not being billed by Roku, but instead are being scammed. Contest the charge with your credit card company and force the biller to prove who they are and the justification of the charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jay45601

Jump to solution

Did you purchase a subscription to HBO Max recently?  I had the same charger which ended up being HBO Max and had to look it up through PayPal.  For me it was a valid charge.

Alt2tover

Jump to solution

I have been charged on my bank account twice by Roku with an account I removed from Roku and this site has not given me a single answer. I want a number to contact not some auto fill support that has done nothing but loop over and over. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Alt2tover look two posts above. If you don’t show any subscriptions on your user account, and you don’t have a credit card on file with Roku, then it isn’t Roku that is charging you. It doesn’t matter if the statement says it’s Roku, that field can say anything the scammer puts on the line. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Alt2tover,

We understand that unrecognized charges are no fun. We're here to help.

We're going to be reaching out with a PM to gather some more information. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to further assist.

0 Kudos
kheflin2

Jump to solution

I too have been charged for Roku for Warner Media 14.99 month repetitively. Have to call the bank to have the charges disputed and reversed. No one seems to know where it is coming from and there is no record on my Roku account. Thinking I may just have to switch off of Roku all together to get it straightened out. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kheflin2  Any financial institution can correct the issue. It’s called canceling your card and issuing you a new one. Warner media makes HBO Max. If you have no subscription for HBO Max then someone might have stolen your credit card information. You can also remove your card from your Roku account. I don’t have card in my Roku account. 

0 Kudos