Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ_Kildeer
Reel Rookie

Received an item different from the one I ordered

Jump to solution

I recently received an email that my current Roku device (3930X) would no longer be receiving feature updates.  I was offered a discount to buy a newer model (3930R).  I placed my order and received the save device (3930X) that I already have.  I would like to receive the product I actually ordered.  Please send me the 3930R or refund my purchase price. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Received an item different from the one I ordered

Jump to solution

You have two issues.  First, the letter after the model number is meaningless - they're identical devices.  Second, your 3930 is not one of the devices that will no longer be receiving updates.  Those modes are the 27xx models and the 3500 model.  You may still have one of them under your linked devices at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have two issues.  First, the letter after the model number is meaningless - they're identical devices.  Second, your 3930 is not one of the devices that will no longer be receiving updates.  Those modes are the 27xx models and the 3500 model.  You may still have one of them under your linked devices at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CJ_Kildeer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would have been nice if the original email I received mentioned the specific device it was referring to.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yeah, I never got that email, presumably because my oldest Roku is about 6 years old, but it sounds like it was quite vague.

0 Kudos