Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnySkinner
Reel Rookie

NFL+ already subscribed on ipad, cannot sign in on Roku, makes subscribe again

I subscribed to NFL+ on my ipad, now trying to watch on roku, but when asks to sign in it makes you subscribe which I don't need to do. Workaround? Fix? Don't want to be paying twice.

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL+ already subscribed on ipad, cannot sign in on Roku, makes subscribe again

@JohnnySkinner 

You paid on iPad? That is, you have a subscription through Apple? Or did you subscribe directly to NFL+ using the browser on your iPad? Can you access NFL+ on a Web browser on a computer?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

JohnnySkinner
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL+ already subscribed on ipad, cannot sign in on Roku, makes subscribe again

I bought it on the NFL site via a browser. But it does not show as subscribed on my NFL account, but allows me to watch it on the NFL app on ipad. Just cannot watch on the NFL app on the roku. Asks me to subscribe on roku  as if not linked to my account. Tried to do restore purchase, but room comes back with not subscribed.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @JohnnySkinner, thanks for sharing on The Roku Community. We see that you're having issues accessing NFL+ on your Roku device. Let's look into this.

Since you signed up off-platform and the subscription does not appear on your account, we suggest you reach out to NFL support for that issue. 

Here is the link to their support site:

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us

As for the Roku login, we suggest removing the channel, restarting your device, and downloading the channel again. After following these steps, you'll be prompted to sign in to your existing account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
Mayhoff

@Natan-Roku  this is a bad user experience and you know it. You only want folks to purchase subs with their Roku accounts you can collect the commission on the subscription. You could easily solve this across all the services by allowing users to sign in with @APPLE, @google, etc. Everyone is sick of this. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Mayhoff   If you purchase a subscription through Roku it often will only play on Roku devices.  If you purchase a subscription from Google it often will only play on a Google device.  If you purchase a subscription throught Apple ii often will only play on an Apple device.  If you purchase a subscription from the original provider it will play on Roku, Google, or Apple devices.  If the original poster purchased the app from NFL itself it should play on a Roku device.

BOZE
Reel Rookie

i have the same problem. i subscribed direct online at NFL.COM/plus 

went sign in as a SUBSCRIBER on the NFL ROKU App but it did not recognize the emaill address or Password i used on the NFL website.

Contacted ROKU support who kicked it back saying it was NFL problem since they are the Provider of Service.

of course, no phone support at NFL. I have chatted my fingers off with NFL no customer service support.

Now I have sent emails with all details and still no meaningful response from NFL but they give a list of things to try before you reply back none of which work twice. The same list aafter i sent them details they requested.

you know those things like turn it on and off, reset your roku, uninstall/reinstall, what i your version of roku/of nfl app, ad nauseum.

i even sent a screenshot of the NFL SIGN IN page with the error message YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR PASSWORD IS INCORRECT.

now waiting for email response number 3. 

PS Works great on my tablet, phone and computer but NOT ON ROKU.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@BOZE What Roku device are you using?  Are you sure it is supported by the NFL app?

0 Kudos