Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth108013
Reel Rookie

How to change plan under new Max service

I’m having this same issue. Any solution?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to change plan under new Max service

Hi @Seth108013,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this concern that you have. Are you directly subscribed to the channel provider or through Roku Pay for confirmation?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Seth108013
Reel Rookie

It’s being billed through Roku. When I log into Roku, and then go to my subscriptions, when I click on Max, the only options are Cancel, or keep. There’s no option to change to either a lower or higher tier. IMG_0824.jpeg

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Unfortunately, the only way to change your Max plan to either Ads or Ultimate Ad-Free for 4K TVs is to cancel your subscription from Roku and sign up directly through the Max website. I see that your renewal date is today, so turn off auto-renew ASAP (if you haven't already done so), but if Roku already charged you, you'll have to wait until February 11th to do this. Since subscribers want the option to keep all of their subscriptions in one place since it's easier to keep track of them, hopefully, Roku Pay will add this option to be able to change one's Max plan sometime soon and let subscribers know, once this happens, that this option is available on their Max channel store site. 

Portalogem
Roku Guru

Well, I was adding my credit card to the Roku site, and I happened to stumble upon a workaround to your issue, but I'm uncertain if this will work for you. However, this would mean that even if this option to change your Max plan isn't currently available under your subscriptions, Roku is working on this to change it.

Once you go to "My account" on Roku's website, you should see "Subscription Offers," but if not, this is listed under "Streaming Store" on the bottom right and the link is labeled "Free trials & subscription offers." Now, I see Max at the top of this list, but that may be because I'm not subscribed to Max through Roku and it's presenting me with a new subscription offer.

So, until Roku resolves this for current Max subscribers, you would have to "Turn off auto-renew" and wait until your Max subscription lapses at the end of your billing cycle to be able to change your Max subscription in this way until this is available through "manage subscription." 

However, if this is for new subscribers only (until Roku offers this to current and returning subscribers) then even if you let your current subscription lapse, there is a chance you may not see this new offer after having subscribed to Max through Roku. That would be a bummer because then a subscriber would be locked into the subscription they picked until Roku fixed this for returning subscribers. If this is the case, you would need to check back to see if Roku soon allows returning subscribers to add a different Max plan by selecting "Manage subscription" on the website. There is a chance that once your subscription has lapsed, you could go back to "Manage subscription" and would then be able to see the three different plans to subscribe to, which means that you can't change your current subscription while subscribed. 

So, if you’ve already subscribed directly through the Max website and want to migrate back to Roku Pay, then wait until your subscription is nearly up, and see if the Max offering is there or if the options are added under your subscriptions on the Roku website. Then cancel through the Max website and resubscribe through Roku.

I posted a picture to show you what I've found in the event you are not able to see this as a current or returning subscriber. Because with this proof, you can contact Roku and tell them to change your Max plan. But if this ends up being an uphill battle, perhaps it would be best to just cancel your Max subscription through Roku and add it directly to the Max website. But at least this is proof that Roku is offering this to new subscribers, meaning this should be offered soon to current subscribers who would like to change their Max plan.

Max Plans.jpg

0 Kudos