Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a Roku account for a deceased member of my family

Jump to solution

deceased famliy member has been gone over 3 years and my other family member has his roku tv and doesn't know the pin #. all he can do is watch tv off the antenna. Please help in any way you can. roku pin on tv. is there anything we can do. not getting anywhere on roku.com 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to cancel a Roku account for a deceased member of my family

Jump to solution

If you're not interested or don't need to close the family member's account then just Factory Reset the TV (under Settings->System->Advanced system settings), create a new Roku account, and link the TV to the new account.

It's probably a good idea to close the old account especially if the deceased family member is still being charged for subscriptions.  Reach out to support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and they should be able to help you.  Choose the option that mentions "Account" problems.  If you have to log in on the support page use the same login you used here, but you'll need to know the deceased family member's email address used for the Roku account.  You can find that under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @duckmeister1966,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties providing the Roku PIN code and we're sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you're not interested or don't need to close the family member's account then just Factory Reset the TV (under Settings->System->Advanced system settings), create a new Roku account, and link the TV to the new account.

It's probably a good idea to close the old account especially if the deceased family member is still being charged for subscriptions.  Reach out to support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and they should be able to help you.  Choose the option that mentions "Account" problems.  If you have to log in on the support page use the same login you used here, but you'll need to know the deceased family member's email address used for the Roku account.  You can find that under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos