Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Don't buy direct from Roku

Hi @Saundersj,

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize this has been your experience. I have already followed up on this concern with the team. Rest assured that our team is working diligently to resolve the issue and provide a satisfactory resolution. Once feedback is available, you'll receive an email confirmation. 

Please let us know if you have any additional needs or concerns, and we will do our best to address them promptly.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-CIt is now 12/12/22, and I still have not received a response or a refund for RMA 464669.  I want a refund of my purchase ($148.38).  Since you have inconvenienced me by delaying my refund and not responding to my request for support, I am also asking for a refund of the shipping cost that I incurred ($25.01 per the receipt below).  Please refund me a total of $173.39.

Roku RMA 464669 Shipping Receipt.png

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ReginaHart,

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Our team has received the request and is now reviewing it carefully. We are working hard to address the situation as quickly as possible. Please rest assured that we are committed to providing you with the best possible service. We will be sure to keep you updated via email about the status of your request and any further steps that may be necessary.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this matter. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C It is now 12/13/22, and I still have not received a response or a refund.  I want a refund of my purchase ($148.38).  Since you have inconvenienced me by delaying my refund and not responding to my request for support, I am also asking for a refund of the shipping cost that I incurred ($25.01).  Please refund me a total of $173.39.

0 Kudos
Mary-M

I have bought from them in the past, but I’m pretty disgusted with them at the moment.  I purchased a voice remote for my daughter’s Christmas present this afternoon and contacted them a couple of hours later because I had not received a verification email.   Finding the contact information for support is a nightmare.  It’s almost like they want you to get disgusted and give up.  When I finally got someone, he told me my order didn’t go through, but my bank already shows payment to them via my debit card.   They didn’t take my order, but they took my money?!   Their response was that I should order (and pay for it) again and they’ll get around to refunding the first payment eventually.  

🤬 that.   I’ll go to Amazon.   At this point, I’m mad enough to buy Fire Sticks, but I’ve got too many Roku products to afford to replace them all.    It’s definitely something to consider though.  Amazon has its issues, but at least their customer service doesn’t hide

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

I wouldn’t purchase from either Roku or Amazon. Roku clearly can’t handle product sales at all. Amazon has had good customer service in the past (and they may still), but you run the risk of getting counterfeit or used products from them. Just buy from a local retailer so that you can be sure of what you’re getting and so that you can make a simple return if needed.

It’s a shame as the Roku hardware/software is great.  They just need to get out of the hardware sales business.

By the way, I still haven’t received a response from Roku regarding RMA 464669. I’ve filed a complaint via PayPal, and I hope to have my refund soon. 

0 Kudos
ReginaHart
Channel Surfer

So, as promised, I escalated Roku RMA 464669 to PayPal because Roku wouldn't refund my money even after confirming that they received the return on November 28th.  Thanks to PayPal, I finally received a refund on December 20th for my original purchase/return.   

I will reiterate here that I think Roku should offer a good faith refund of the $25.01 that it cost me to return RMA 464669 to them due to the difficulty that I experienced with their customer service and the exceptional delay in processing my return.  See above in this topic for the postage receipt. 

0 Kudos
mpgcena
Binge Watcher

Please understand that the Roku devices themselves are fantastic. I have been using them for years and when you have a good one they will last almost forever. But in the rare event you get a DOA like I did directly from Roku, it will cost you to return it. No cost from a large retailer to exchange. I have five of them in my house and will never be without them.

0 Kudos