Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdprice

Does using Roku TV require a subscription?

Jump to solution

we looked on my subscriptions and it states I do not have any purchases or subscriptions. but i have been charged 27.71 for the past 3 months with other charges of 8.70 once.  Not to mention that I have been paying for netflix of 25.04 just as long.   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does using Roku TV require a subscription?

Jump to solution

Welcome, @sdprice.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We've noticed that you have been charged with unrecognized subscriptions. To investigate further, how many devices do you have at home? If you have many devices, kindly check if all of them are on the same email address. Also, if you have multiple devices, check if credit card information is linked to all.

Please take a moment to check the number of Roku accounts you currently have. It is possible that the subscription was linked to your different Roku account.

*Note: You will only be charged if you subscribe to the premium content of a Channel.

In addition, subscriptions billed directly to the channel partner will not appear on your account's active subscriptions list. If that is the case, try reaching out to the channel provider directly for further assistance. You may see these charges on your billing descriptor on your bank statement. If you want to expedite the resolution of your charges, you may need to contact our Accounts and Billing team for more assistance. They are the experts for these types of concerns. Just navigate to the Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions section to reach them.

For future reference in managing your Roku account purchases, visit this support page: How do I manage or cancel a channel subscription?

Please let us know if you have other questions.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does using Roku TV require a subscription?

Jump to solution

Welcome, @sdprice.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We've noticed that you have been charged with unrecognized subscriptions. To investigate further, how many devices do you have at home? If you have many devices, kindly check if all of them are on the same email address. Also, if you have multiple devices, check if credit card information is linked to all.

Please take a moment to check the number of Roku accounts you currently have. It is possible that the subscription was linked to your different Roku account.

*Note: You will only be charged if you subscribe to the premium content of a Channel.

In addition, subscriptions billed directly to the channel partner will not appear on your account's active subscriptions list. If that is the case, try reaching out to the channel provider directly for further assistance. You may see these charges on your billing descriptor on your bank statement. If you want to expedite the resolution of your charges, you may need to contact our Accounts and Billing team for more assistance. They are the experts for these types of concerns. Just navigate to the Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions section to reach them.

For future reference in managing your Roku account purchases, visit this support page: How do I manage or cancel a channel subscription?

Please let us know if you have other questions.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos