Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vette67

Can't seem to cancel amc+ but they still charge me annually , how can I get this to stop

I have been trying to cancel my AMC Plus either through the Roku device which does not show manage subscription, I have tried everything I can think of but it still does not allow me to cancel but they charge me my annual fee of $80. Can anybody help me

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't seem to cancel amc+ but they still charge me annually , how can I get this to stop

If you're being charged by Roku the description on your statement will say something like, "Roku for AMC".  If "Roku" doesn't appear in the description then that's one way to know that Roku isn't charging you.  If you subscribed directly with AMC then you would cancel on their website:  https://www.amcplus.com/

Since "Manage subscription" doesn't show up when you highlight the channel/app on the Home Screen and press * on your remote then that's another indication that it's not through Roku.  Can you actually watch content on the AMC+ channel/app?

There's also the possibility that seems to be all too common these days that it's a fraudulent charge.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jmjjdj

Re: Can't seem to cancel amc+ but they still charge me annually , how can I get this to stop

I have and will never purchase anything knowingly.  However, this is the third time I have been charged for a subscription.  How does this keep happening?  The only thing I can think is my grandchildren are inadvertently selecting buttons.  I will fix that!! lol  I was just charged for HBO and immediately canceled.  I would like to make sure it was never charged.  It says it will be on 12/16.  I canceled on the 15th.  thanks

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@jmjjdj If the charges are from Roku login to your account on a computer and update your pin preferences to require a pin to make purchases.  If you are using a screen saver is it very easy to subscribe to something if a pin is not required.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.