Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DemetriaO
Reel Rookie

Can’t cancel HBOMAX Subscription

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I’m trying to cancel HBOMAX on the Roku website, but on the website it says the subscription ended in March. I was charged today for HBOMAX; I went to the HBOMAX channel and under the account tab it’s says my current plan is $9.99 with ads. How can I cancel via Roku if Roku says the subscription is cancelled? Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t cancel HBOMAX Subscription

Jump to solution

Are you sure you don't have a subscription directly with HBO?  Does the charge mention Roku in the description?  I believe it's been noted that HBOMax shows up as "Roku for Warner Media" or something like that if it's coming from Roku.  Also, if you have multiple Roku devices it's possible that you have multiple Roku accounts, so check the email address that's displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

DemetriaO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I have Two Roku devices which explains why I wasn’t able to manage the subscription on the other.

I appreciate your help!

@renojim wrote:

Are you sure you don't have a subscription directly with HBO?  Does the charge mention Roku in the description?  I believe it's been noted that HBOMax shows up as "Roku for Warner Media" or something like that if it's coming from Roku.  Also, if you have multiple Roku devices it's possible that you have multiple Roku accounts, so check the email address that's displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DemetriaO, thank you for reaching out to our Roku Community about your HBO Max subscription. As @renojim mentioned, the subscription may be managed directly through HBO Max, and that may be the reason why you're not seeing it on your account tab. We'll be reaching out through direct message here on the Roku Community to get more details on this. Please keep an eye out for us in your inbox for us to continue the conversation there and keep your information safe! If you have any issues finding our message, please let us know.

6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

DemetriaO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I have Two Roku devices which explains why I wasn’t able to manage the subscription on the other.

I appreciate your help!

@renojim wrote:

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DemetriaO, thank you for reaching out to our Roku Community about your HBO Max subscription. As @renojim mentioned, the subscription may be managed directly through HBO Max, and that may be the reason why you're not seeing it on your account tab. We'll be reaching out through direct message here on the Roku Community to get more details on this. Please keep an eye out for us in your inbox for us to continue the conversation there and keep your information safe! If you have any issues finding our message, please let us know.

DemetriaO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Hector-Roku Thank you so much for responding! @renojim  was able to help me solve this issue. 

Have a great weekend!

Jump to solution

I have 1 account.  Nothing is working for me.  I've been trying for almost 2 months now to cancel my HBOMAX account!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@smileydavis, does the subscription show up at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions ?

0 Kudos