Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldKen
Reel Rookie

Billing Increase Notice Date

My annual billing went from $106.99 to $128.39. I do  not remember seeing a notice of this increase coming. Was one sent out??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Billing Increase Notice Date

@OldKen There is no charge for Roku, however you can subscribe to many different apps through Roku.  What is the annual billing for?

0 Kudos
OldKen
Reel Rookie

Hmmm.. I do subscribe to a few services like NETFLIX, Paramount+,etc. When I set up the Roku account it asked me to pick a service level. From what you just said it sounds like if I am only using the Roku on a remote tv, I can get the services thru it without any actual Roku service payment. I guess what I am paying for is the Roku app that provides live TV ect. I do not really that so I believe I will cancel it.

Thanks for your Information.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@OldKen wrote:

Hmmm.. I do subscribe to a few services like NETFLIX, Paramount+, etc. When I set up the Roku account it asked me to pick a service level. From what you just said it sounds like if I am only using the Roku on a remote tv, I can get the services thru it without any actual Roku service payment. I guess what I am paying for is the Roku app that provides live TV etc. I do not really that so I believe I will cancel it.

I'm sorry, but I believe you encountered a scam site. Roku doesn't offer any service levels of any kind, including use of the app. It's also possible you are using a 3rd party app, and not the official app from Roku. You can subscribe through Roku for some services, although I don't believe Netflix is one of them. Yes, you can subscribe to each service directly with the provider, which is the preferred method. 

Log into your Roku user account (https:\\my.roku.com) and check for any subscriptions though Roku. If you see none (as I expect), scammers have your credit card information. Watch your monthly statements carefully for any suspect charges, including anything labeled as a Roku charge. Scammers can enter any text they want in the billing function to make it look like a legitimate charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Manage your subscriptions by logging into your Roku Account.