Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bevy

Wireless headphones for Roku TV, (not mobile device)

Jump to solution

Does that mean I have to plug my phone or tablet into the TV to get the downloaded app for wireless earphones to work?
(My 43" Hi-Sense Roku tv obviously is not a mobile device, and I don't want to have to use my phone or tablet to use my tv, if that makes any sense.) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgreenst2003
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless headphones for Roku TV, (not mobile device)

Jump to solution

If it has an optical jack, you can buy an Optical to analog converter on Amazon for about $12.00 that will convert the optical audio output of the TV to any wireless headphones input without the need for using an intermediate source like an iPhone or iPad.  I use a set of Sennheiser headphones and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bevy

Jump to solution

I haven't purchased the wireless earphones yet - are they considered to be the mobile device? 

0 Kudos
sgreenst2003
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If it has an optical jack, you can buy an Optical to analog converter on Amazon for about $12.00 that will convert the optical audio output of the TV to any wireless headphones input without the need for using an intermediate source like an iPhone or iPad.  I use a set of Sennheiser headphones and it worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
sgreenst2003
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, they would be considered an accessory.  Their are lots of different wireless headphones, but this TV does not support Bluetooth so you would need an RF Based wireless headphones.  Sony makes them, Sennheiser is another.  I think RCA still makes them.  I use the Sennheiser and they are great and easy to use.  They are over the ear and comfortable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.