Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ritchie64

Star button doesn't open up picture settings for some reason

Jump to solution

So I got a new Roku select series TV and when I started using it, I wanted to change the picture settings on some inputs. I've used a Roku TV before and the star button is supposed to open up a menu on the left while the input is in use, and for some reason mine just makes the menu sound and nothing happens. Not just that, but when I go through the settings and it says to press star to see picture settings, nothing happens there too. The other TV does this with no issues and its not like the star button is unresponsive because it works on the main menu. Its almost like picture settings is blocked for some reason. But yeah I'd appreciate it if someone has some sort of fix for this, thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Star button doesn't open up picture settings for some reason

Jump to solution

Hi @Ritchie64,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. Please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart to refresh Roku TV.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ritchie64

Jump to solution

I figured something out. It lets me access these settings only if I go on the input while the device is off, even though with other Roku TVs it wouldn't matter.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ritchie64,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. Please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System Restart to refresh Roku TV.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Boop7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Eunice,

That system restart worked.

I tried everything possible, even a different roku simple remote for the other TV., but nothing worked.

I thought I did a system restart, but whatever happened this time worked. Thanks again.