Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku constantly turns off my TCL television.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your active response. @Mxavier124.

We sincerely apologize for the experience this has brought. It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once more information has been gathered, we can pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sorry, you were placed in my "spam folder".

1. Model:  8116X - Roku TV
2. Serial Number: YK0081860878 (JDU258860878)
3. Software Version:  12.5.0  Build 4176-48
4. GC Version: 10.2.518
5. ID 78-452-117

Sent to someone earlier; glad you're getting it as well.

Thank you!!  🙂

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the follow-up, @Mxavier124.

No worries; we have already collected and forwarded this information to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation.

We'll sincerely appreciate your patience as our team looks closely into this concern.

Let us know if you have other issues you'd like us to address and we'll happily assist.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks a million to all of you; hopefully these issues can be resolved quickly.  🙂

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mxavier124,

Thanks for the response!

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Re: Roku constantly turns off my TCL television. 12-10-23

Jump to solution

Your software continues shutting down itself and my television set (how much longer for a fix?  It is extremely frustrating).  Imagine yourself attempting to watch and your Roku software interrupts by shutting everything down with a click.  Would it be asking too much to rewrite your software??  I'm not pleased with Roku at all. 

Please check to see if there is an automatic shut off within your software you've not yet noticed.  As I've watched today it turned off 3 times after remaining on for a minutes.  Now, it has been playing with no interruptions for 15 minutes; I never know how long it will play.

You have a lot of "free" movies playing this month and I can't watch any of them without the constant interruptions of your software turning off my set.  I'll never order anything from pay channels because it is impossible to watch the entire movie without the constant turning off.  I don't have money to throw away and not enjoy what I paid for.

Please hasten your fix/remedy; I know you can for you are smart people and it is your software!!!  🙂

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

10-26-2023 10:49 AM was my first contact with you for your Roku issues even though your software was having problems before.  It is now January 3, 2024 and still no available fix from you; don't mean to sound curt but I'm frustrated.

If you can't solve your software issues is it possible to simply remove it from my tv??  It is worthless and I'm extremely disappointed. 

I sincerely wish you could have solved your Roku problem.

Please leave instructions on how to remove from my smart tv.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mxavier124,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please allow us to assist you once more. Kindly provide us with the specific details so we can determine the issue on our end.

• Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your Roku TV to your hotspot?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Our history of writing back and forth is rather lengthy but will start again (please see earlier correspondence).

• Is the issue happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • On all channels; sometimes actual showing time is 15 minutes and others 1 minutes.  Once I got it to stay on for a two hours without shutting down.  Never purchased Netflix, HBO, etc. because Roku will turn off anytime during viewing.
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?
  • No error messages just a click Roku makes and it turns off entire television (goes black); takes about 30 to 45 seconds to get everything back on a couple of times it turned itself off as soon as tv powered up.  There is no shortage in wiring it seems you guys have an unaware timer installed in your software that does what it wants.  I've physically turned off visible timers, in System, for it to remain on until I turn it off but that does not work.  It turns itself off at will.  When I'm not using Roku my tv, antenna only, remains on until I turn it off. 
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?
  • 3 1/2 to 4 feet; all wired, not using wifi.
  • Have you tried restarting your network router?
  • Several times over and over.  I gave your people all particulars requested regarding your installed Roku on my smart tv such as serial numbers, etc.  Please review previous correspondence.

Thank you Ms. Eunice!!!

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The following are answers to several of your company's earlier questions:

1. Model:  8116X - Roku TV
2. Serial Number: YK0081860878 (JDU258860878)
3. Software Version:  12.5.0  Build 4176-48
4. GC Version: 10.2.518
5. ID 78-452-117

Sent to someone earlier; glad you're getting it as well.

Thank you!!