Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Re: Roku constantly turns off my TCL television.

Jump to solution

There is no "adapter cord" and the power cord works perfectly.  TV set never automatically turns off while watching regular tv only when I'm streaming Roku channels and Roku does it constantly until I tire and turn everything off.  Would love to be able to give you specific channels I constantly stream but there are no channel numbers to reveal.

I'm streaming "Simon and Simon", now, and it is constantly turning off (1:47 pm and it just turned off; off again, off again); I turn it on again and it is off anytime between 5 to 30 minutes at a time.  It is every 5 minutes or less while I'm watching "Alfred Hitchcock Presents".

Please create updates to stop the shutting down (turning off) and bring back the channels.  You are developers and know you're capable; please update and correct your program.

Please help!!!  🙂

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Forgot to tell you when Roku cuts everything off it clicks and the screen goes black.  There may be an installed timer embedded in your software causing these frustrating problems.  Good thing I have not yet ordered from HBO, STARZ, etc. because I would only be able to watch portions at a time; would lose money on a continual basis.  I won't order until you've corrected your Roku problems.

Thanks for your continued help and support.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mxavier124,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Another suggestion:  Have you thought about rewriting your software eliminating a timer which seems to be embedded in your software and you are not aware?  Please bring back the channels.  How much of an issue will this be?

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The problems still persists.  😞

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Maybe this helps:  My software version is 12.50.0... Build 4176.

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Tried your suggestions again and they simply do not work.  😞

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @Mxavier124

We just want to ask last few questions. Does the reboot occur whenever you're watching Live TV channels or while streaming on apps such as Netflix, YouTube, etc? Also, have you tried removing the batteries of your remote while streaming just to make sure the power button isn't triggered? Furthermore, we recommend plugging your TV into a wall outlet or other source of power and see if you notice any difference.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

1.  It never reboots itself; I always turn it back on. 
2. I only use "Live TV channels"; never ordered anything yet and never been on Netflix.
3. Yes
4. No difference

I believe there is hidden timer, not on purpose, embedded in your software and it is getting worse.  When I turn it back on it immediately shuts off.  It stays off longer than it stays on (only on Roku channels).

Thanks for your patience and concern. 🙂

Mxavier124
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And still not showing channels.