Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minthead
Reel Rookie

Black Screen - Two Roku TVs

Jump to solution

I have two 
Roku TVs that have went to black screen only when turning them on, within about 12 hours of each other. I have tried unplugging the TVS and made sure all of the cables are securely  connected. I have even did a reset on one and nothing changed. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black Screen - Two Roku TVs

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Minthead 

We see that the black screen issue occurs while turning on the Roku TV, and the sound is functioning. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to TCL's support since this issue is highly related to hardware malfunction, specifically with the backlit of the TV that produces the display on the screen. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models, and they'll be able to assist you further.

You can contact them at Roku TV TCL Support.

We hope this will be addressed soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Minthead 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

You've mentioned that you're having a black screen issue with your Roku TV, and we'd like to gather more information for us to assist you fruther. Could you please provide the details below:

• Does the black screen issue occur when opening an app or happen immediately when turning on the Roku TV?
  • Do you hear a sound when navigating with your remote while the black screen is present?
  • When pointing a flashlight directly into the TV, do you see the display?

With more helpful details, the better we can understand the issue and assist you accordingly.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Minthead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens when I turn the TVs on and yes I can hear the remote buttons when navigating. I cannot see any picture when pointing a flashlight at it.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Minthead 

We see that the black screen issue occurs while turning on the Roku TV, and the sound is functioning. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to TCL's support since this issue is highly related to hardware malfunction, specifically with the backlit of the TV that produces the display on the screen. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models, and they'll be able to assist you further.

You can contact them at Roku TV TCL Support.

We hope this will be addressed soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos