Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STN
Reel Rookie

40R2A5R: TV only partially responds to its remote

Jump to solution

I just powered on my tv with its remote, but the tv doesn't recognize the Ok or direction buttons. Therefore, I can't get beyond the language-selection screen.

The Home+back button press combination gets the remote into pairing mode, but the tv continues to not communicate after it powers on.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
STN
Reel Rookie

Re: 40R2A5R: TV only partially responds to its remote

Jump to solution

Since I am located remotely from the tv, I had a helper setting up the tv. It turns out that he had inadvertently connected the prior Roku device (4400X) to this 40R2A5R since the former was connected to the previous non-smart tv. This double Roku OS setup was partially interfering with the pairing between the 40R2A5R and its remote. LOL!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @STN 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're here to help you with the issue you've encountered. Let's take a troubleshooting step to ensure that your remote can successfully navigate your Roku TV. Kindly follow the steps below:

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then reinsert the batteries
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home 

button and Back 

button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen. For more information, you can be guided in this support article on How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

We hope you find this information useful, and please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
STN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kashi, I had already tried all that. I called Support since I hadn't had a response in this forum, so perhaps they will have a solution. Thank you for replying.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @STN 

Kindly be advised that we have reached out to you through Private Message here in the Roku Community for us to assist you further. Kindly check your inbox to see our message.

We hope for your responses moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
STN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Since I am located remotely from the tv, I had a helper setting up the tv. It turns out that he had inadvertently connected the prior Roku device (4400X) to this 40R2A5R since the former was connected to the previous non-smart tv. This double Roku OS setup was partially interfering with the pairing between the 40R2A5R and its remote. LOL!

0 Kudos