Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotAChance

Why was Tidal removed from channels?

Jump to solution

The musical streaming service, Tidal, was removed from the channel lineup.

Why?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why was Tidal removed from channels?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We understand that you are inquiring about accessing the Tidal channel on Roku, and it seems that it's no longer available in the channel store.

When a channel is no longer accessible, it typically means it has been removed from the Roku platform, sometimes at the request of the content provider.

While this may be disappointing news, fear not! Roku's Channel Store boasts a vast array of channels catering to various interests and preferences. If you're seeking similar content or exploring new options, here are some suggestions:

1. Featured Channels: Check out the selection of featured channels on the Roku Channel Store homepage.
  2. Recommended Channels: Explore channels recommended based on your viewing habits and preferences.
  3. Top Free Channels: Discover the top free channels available on Roku.
  4. Browse by Categories: Dive into specific categories such as Music, Entertainment, News, and more to find channels that align with your interests.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this link: Why is an app no longer available on my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Thank you for your ongoing support of Roku and for being valuable members of our community. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

JimHeard
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here's a link to Plex's instructions on how to link your Tidal account to Plex:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/adding-tidal-subscriptions-to-plex/

As you'll see, there are several options.  I chose the simplest, which simply links your Tidal account, and lets you use it through Plex, but does not let Plex handle the billing or otherwise manage your Tidal account.  If you want that basic option, scroll down to the instructions under the heading "Link to an Existing TIDAL Subscription for Access."

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
TerryMclure
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great question!! Why, Roku, did you remove the Tidal channel? I listen almost daily through my TV and home entertainment system (which is incredible) so I appreciate the sound quality of lossless audio. I need it back!

NotAChance

Jump to solution

I do the same! Spotify is still there(which I do not use) so this seems like something else is going on.

Please, Roku, why did this happen?

iJaJa

Jump to solution

Very disappointed as well. I had to link my phone directly to my TV via Bluetooth & use Tidal from there. An inconvenient extra step. I hope whatever it is, they figure things out & add it back.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The only answer you'll ever get from anyone at Roku is:

Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Has anyone contacted Tidal? Maybe they are the ones that pulled it.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

TerryMclure
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just put in a request for an answer for why it was removed and/or when will it be restored to Roku. Thanks for the link!

SLOlife805
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I use Tidal almost every day on Roku, extremely disappointed, in fact do disappointed it may be time to stop being a Roku user, which I have been for about 15 years, Roku’s on every TV in my house, and have bought Roku’s as gifts for family members, but if Tidal is gone as an app on Roku (and I don’t care if Roku removed or Tidal did or Roku did it is a vital part of my home system more than happy to leave Roku for a another streaming device like AppleTV, Amazon’s Fire or Googles Chrome, the Tidal app is my MOST USED Roku app.  They need to figure it out fast or will follow were a stream g device that still has Tidal app is and replace all my Roku’s with new streaming platform.  Not a empty comment.  Roku if you are reading, you have about a week to get it fixed.

sny suggestion from other users in this comment tread to best alternative stream device that is still streaming Tidal???

gryphonix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would sure like to know.  It was find and then suddenly, with no explanation, "no longer available."

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As I noted in a previous reply, contact Tidal to see what is going on. Roku is only responsible for The Roku Channel. Everything else is up do developers/services to write, publish, and maybe remove.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.