Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

How to set up Roku camera to show up on TV

Jump to solution

I was hoping someone could help me with step-by-step directions on how I can use my Roku cameras with my TCL Roku TV. I was able to get it to work once, but I have not been able to since.

When I’m watching TV ideally I would like the camera feed to pop up on my screen on the bottom, right hand side or any side for that matter.

Hopefully this made sense in any help would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to set up Roku camera to show up on TV

Jump to solution

Hello! @Dfresh567,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us on how to set up a Roku Camera to show up on your Roku TV. We're pleased to assist. 

The Roku Cameras channel lets you view a live stream on your TV from all your Roku Smart Home cameras and your video doorbell. A Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ running Roku OS 11.0 will add the channel automatically after you install your first camera or doorbell, but for the optimal experience, Roku OS 11.5 or higher is recommended. Your streaming devices check for a software update every 24 to 36 hours or you can manually check for an update if necessary.

To view a live stream on any of the Roku streaming devices linked to your Roku account, your camera or doorbell must be powered on and connected to the internet.

1. Switch the input on your TV to your Roku streaming device
  2. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  3. Press OK  or move to the right to access your channel list
  4. Highlight the Roku Cameras channel and press OK 
  5. Select a camera or doorbell to view the live stream

When you are in the channel, you can switch between live streams by pressing up or down on your remote. To speak to visitors or access most settings, you need to use the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Dfresh567,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us on how to set up a Roku Camera to show up on your Roku TV. We're pleased to assist. 

The Roku Cameras channel lets you view a live stream on your TV from all your Roku Smart Home cameras and your video doorbell. A Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ running Roku OS 11.0 will add the channel automatically after you install your first camera or doorbell, but for the optimal experience, Roku OS 11.5 or higher is recommended. Your streaming devices check for a software update every 24 to 36 hours or you can manually check for an update if necessary.

To view a live stream on any of the Roku streaming devices linked to your Roku account, your camera or doorbell must be powered on and connected to the internet.

1. Switch the input on your TV to your Roku streaming device
  2. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  3. Press OK  or move to the right to access your channel list
  4. Highlight the Roku Cameras channel and press OK 
  5. Select a camera or doorbell to view the live stream

When you are in the channel, you can switch between live streams by pressing up or down on your remote. To speak to visitors or access most settings, you need to use the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Cjohns910910
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't think there is a live feed pop up option. I downloaded the camera app on my roku TV and whenever someone presses my doorbell a little picture pops up but not a live stream video.

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiemar @Cjohns910910 

OK, I updated the software. There was an update though my current software was higher than what was needed so that probably wasn’t it.

In the Roku cameras app on my TV I turned on TV alerts. What I’m hoping that will do and please let me know if this is the case is if I’m watching let’s say a TV show any random TV show a little box on the left or right hand corner of the screen will show show a picture of my camera and what is looking at. I know it can do it because I saw it happen once. Is the goal of the service for Roku is to have that happen every time if so fingers crossed this will work. 

0 Kudos
Whatithought
Reel Rookie

Re: How to set up Roku cameras to show up on TV with the camera channel if not automatic.

Jump to solution

The Roku camera channel does not show up on any of my tvs using any of my Roku devices,even though I have a Floodlight and outdoor se camera installed. I can see them on my phone app but not on the tvs. I rebooted my router, that did not work. I had the Floodlight working on the tv before I installed the outdoor camera, then neither one showed up. I would get the something went wrong message. So I uninstalled the camera  channel thinking that would work when I rebooted the Roku device. However the camera channel never showed up after that. The whole problem happened when I first added the outdoor camera with base. Could it be a conflict with the Floodlight and the camera with the base since the floodlight does not use a base.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.