Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can I activate without a credit card

Jump to solution

Hi @Dragor,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LRB337

roku without credit card info

Jump to solution

I understand that roku wants to have a credit card # in case someone wants to add a service that cost $ or wants to rent a movie, etc. But not everyone wants to do that....some just want to watch pluto or other free services without having to feel vulnerable by giving their credit card #....like my friend, to whom I gave a roku express 3 YEARS AGO and STILL hasn't used it because she fears giving her credit card #.  Many people share her unease of giving out that information. Isn't there SOME WAY to get around this barrier for folks who just want to watch the *free* channels and have no interest in using pay features? Thanks...

0 Kudos
IrishMan66

How Re: How to set up a Roku accouwithou

Jump to solution

How to set up roku account without credit card 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How Re: How to set up a Roku accouwithou

Jump to solution

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: How to set up a Roku account without a credit card

Jump to solution

@Vick wrote:

I do not plan on purchasing anything. Why do I need to register a credit card to get my Roku working?

0 Kudos
Doc-Metz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To signup for a Roku account you must agree to their Terms and Conditions.  Their Terms and Conditions say that you must supply them with a Credit Card.  What is true>

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Doc-Metz, I can only find this and nowhere does it mention a credit card.  Can you point to the text to which you're referring?  I've never had a credit card on my account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Doc-Metz, you are not required to place a card on file to start a Roku account. If you are looking to make purchases or start a free trial, for example, you would need to place a card on file. As @renojim said, if you can point us to where you see this information, we can dig a bit deeper and try to explain! Thank you for reaching out with this and we look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos
tlschon

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @tlschon, Did you need assistance? Let us know by responding to this post or sending us a private message directly with some details of the issue and we would happy to help! 

0 Kudos