Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larue816

wired connection AND WIFI WON'T WORK

My wired connection isn't working I have tried removing power, restarting, resetting, different cable nothing works and even when I scan for wifi it shows nothing the network connection help on my roku just keeps saying we need assistance in connecting your Tv where are you? I keep choosing home and nothing? ready to put TV in trash but I was able to hook my computer to it and I was able to connect A DVD BUT WHAT IS THE POINT IF THE INTERNET WON'T WORK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: wired connection AND WIFI WON'T WORK

@larue816 

Unplug the TV for a couple of minutes.

Then unplug your modem and router for a couple of minutes.

Plug the modem and router back in, let them fully reboot/startup.  Then plug in TV and turn it on.

----

If the above doesn't work, try connecting the TV to a mobile hotspot (if available to you).

Are you seeing any networks available to connect to (ie. neighboring connections).?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
MCard

I tried what you recommended and I still cannot connect to the internet with my brand new Roku select series 4K 43 in TV.  Which means I cannot set it up or use it at all.  I also tried using a hotspot, ethernet connection, nothing works.  I even tried tying in the SSID manually with the password - Issue persists.  I reset the TV using remote by clicking home x 5, Fast Forward x 3 and Rewind x 2.  Nothing works.  Unless I can get a solution I will have to return this TV and buy a brand that can access the internet.  Also every other device in my home is connected to the internet wirelessly, it is not my internet - it is your TV.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@MCard 

If the hotspot did not work, then I would lean towards a defective TV or a bad firmware preventing the connection to any network.

There are certainly many settings on a home network that will allow other devices to connect and exclude a particular device (ie. Roku) that may need to be adjusted for everything to connect, but usually attempting to connect to a hotspot (alternative network) will help diagnose the network as the culprit.

Personally, I don't like any of these internet connected TVs so prefer a seperate streaming device connected to a TV. (this way I don't have a large paperweight when having issues like this).

----

As a latch ditch attempt, try to connect to your mobile hotspot again and change the password to remove any special characters if you are using them. (just use password 12345678).

Prior to using the mobile hotspot, factory reset the TV by pressing in and holding the Reset button on the TV for 30 seconds or so. (do not use the hidden menu).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.