Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roku querying spotify connect several times a second - spotify not installed.

hello, i am capturing network traffic on my local network using wireshark, and noticed that the roku is constantly spamming multicast addresses with queries related to spotify connect. it sometimes occurs 6-7 times every second. spotify isn't installed on the roku, and in troubleshooting, i've uninstalled all other apps on the roku. the behavior stops when the roku is powered off. the issue persists when the only device (a phone) with a spotify application installed is powered off, so it's not in response to an known installation of this app on my network.

i'm certain that this is unusual behavior because i can't find an abundance of others having this same issue.

i have factory reset the roku and the behavior persists.

thanks in advance for any assistance anyone here can provide.

link to screenshot:  https://i.imgur.com/skQSujN.png 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.