Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notafan10000
Reel Rookie

roku explress error 003 unable to update software problem

Jump to solution

my wifi works fine with all my other wifi devices (phone, tablet, labtops) EXCEPT for roku and this error "003 unable to update software problem " only showed up after two+ years of trouble-free wifi connection. 

This morning at first roku had a different look, I didn't think much of it.  then it seemed to want me to reativate roku (language, wifi connect, etc)

by the way, i had disconnected, reconnected roku at least 10 times today, my wifi connection is extremely strong, after 3+ hours I still get the same 003 error message.

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku explress error 003 unable to update software problem

Jump to solution

@notafan10000 

Do you have a mobile hotspot available that you can connect the Express to in order to complete the update?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@notafan10000 

Do you have a mobile hotspot available that you can connect the Express to in order to complete the update?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

notafan10000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank u so much.  A hot spot was what i needed in deed.  My bad.  Turned out it was user error on my part, because I paused roku on my google wifi.  Because of that roku , couldn’t get WiFi connection.  Once i unpaused roku on google wifi, connection was reestablished.

Mary22

Jump to solution

error 003 is a wifi connection problem ? possible because AT&T in error canceled my internet account but that was only for 4 hours in February 2023 - now Roku suddenly stops working due to error 003.

What to do now - I have disconnected AT&T router, Roku, and restarted all - the ethernet and internet are working with no problems but Roku is a not working.

0 Kudos
Mary22

Jump to solution

no mobile hotspot

0 Kudos