Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdibhs211
Reel Rookie

over it my roku express won’t connect to wifi

I Have tried everything and my Roku express won’t connect to wifi. I have done the research such as a reset factory reset. and much more 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: over it my roku express won’t connect to wifi

@Mdibhs211 

If you have a cable ISP (internet service provider) such as Xfinity. Cox, or AT&T, the initial troubleshooting step is to verify that your Wireless Mode is set to [ b/g/n ]under the 2.4 ghz band settings and not merely [g/n].

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Cox → (https://www.cox.com/residential/support/managing-your-in-home-network-with-my-wifi.html)

AT&T → (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1046172). You can select your appropriate router from the drop down menu.

----

Feel free to update if not applicable or you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Mdibhs211
Reel Rookie

I have Verizon.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Mdibhs211 

Verify that you have IPv4 enabled in your APN (Access Point Name) and not IPv6.  Some have reported that even having IPv4/IPv6 simultaneously causes connection issues.  Edit the APN or create a new APN that is IPv4 only and that should hopefully get you going.

If using Verizon Fios, login to your router and disable IPv6 for troubleshooting and verify your 2.4 ghz band is broadcasting/enabled.

0 Kudos

Same here — I’m going back to Apple or another devise — no TV 📺 downstairs for 3 months now ! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Samndiana44

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mlb080715

Re: over it my roku express won’t UPDATE on initial install

Right there with you!  I can get it to connect to WiFI without any issues but it will NOT update initially.  I've changed connections to my hot spot, 5G and 2hz on my home network like suggested in forums.  I've gone to the secret screen.  I have 3 of them that just will not work!  SO FRUSTRATING.  We started with one to see if we liked it and were going to get rid of our TV provider.  First one, was great no issues.  The next 3, nothing but problems.  Scoured the internet for solutions and found there were LOTS of others having the same issue with no support help.  We even had a friend that is an IT professional and he can't get it to work.  It's a joke!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Re: over it my roku express won’t UPDATE on initial install

@mlb080715 

What are the model numbers of your problem Roku devices. (Settings/System/About).  Also, provide router model number and ISP (internet service provider).  Provide a few details how you have your network setup and your Rokus.

Also, what is the model number of the working Roku device?

0 Kudos