Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott7556
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless <1 Mbps, on Streaming Stick and Ultra, Wired <1 Mbps, on Ultra. ALL OTHER

LEt me be clear what is currently allowing me to use my Rokus:

Every night wen I get home, I go to use them, all Rokus both Ultra on wired and wireless (both 2.4 and 5), and Streaming Stick (both 2.4 and 5) say <1mbps.

I unplug my modem and router (at the wall receptacle individually) for five minutes while leaving Rokus powered up as normal.  

The modem and router come back up after being repowered and I have 20+ mbps to my 2 Rokus on both wired and wireless connections.

I will look into what you are asking, but the Reset Connection might as well not do anything for my issue. I have done it numerous times.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wireless &lt;1 Mbps, on Streaming Stick and Ultra, Wired &lt;1 Mbps, on Ultra. ALL OTHER

@Scott7556 

Got it.  Understanding much better now.

Post back all the equipment info.

1. Need the Roku model numbers. (Settings/System/About).  The model names really don't help as Roku reuses the names. 

2. Modem model number

3. Router model numbers (both that you tried using)

4. ISP (internet service provider)

5. Did the info under Network/System/About look correct.

6. Roku OS (Settings/System/About).  Are you on 10.5 build number or 11.0 and build number

-------

Currently, without knowing these, just shooting blind.  I would currently be leaning to condemning the modem or the ethernet cable running between the modem and the router since that is one of the common elements.  (would affect both wireless and wired capability of the Roku devices).  It could also be a setting within the router affecting your WAN and LAN settings.

As it stands right now, only restarting the router and modem is resolving the issue.

Because affecting multiple Roku devices, there is likely either a physical issue or network issue that is responsible for the Roku calculating the low speed or inability to connect via wired.

------

Realistically, without knowing what type of network and internet you are using, a bit difficult to suggest a course of action for you.  Suggestions would differ depending on the specifics above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.