Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KEWLGUY53403
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra App (Plex) Doesn't Work w/o Internet. Plex on Roku TV's DO!

Is there a setting I need to set on the Ultra to allow for apps to work w/o internet? This is border line infuriating that I have the premium product that doesn't work, but the same product that comes for 'free' with the TV's work as intended. 

Or are the apps coded different for different Roku platforms? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra App (Plex) Doesn't Work w/o Internet. Plex on Roku TV's DO!

Hi @KEWLGUY53403,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We regret to inform you that no setting enables the programs to function without an internet connection. To access those programs, we must have an internet connection. A connection between your Roku device, your home network, and the internet must be established in order to stream audio and video. 

If you have more queries, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Thats not true. I have 2 roku ultras. When my internet is down plex pops up a screen and tells  me I do not have a connection would I like to proceed any way? I say yes and can watch my movies.

0 Kudos
KEWLGUY53403
Reel Rookie

I have that as well, I continue through, can brose my collection etc. But when I start any movie it hangs on 33% forever. Run the same movie on my TV's with ROKU built in and it runs fine. 

0 Kudos