Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vblack

ROKU NOT CONNECTING TO HOTEL, NO ROOM PROMPT.

My Roku isn't giving me the option to enter my Hotel room number. It just stops working after connecting to the wifi they tell you to connect to at first. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU NOT CONNECTING TO HOTEL, NO ROOM PROMPT.

@vblack-

Many hotels, dorms, campgrounds, etc, are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser. This establishes your connection for that device.

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you log in via your computer/phone/tablet as usual but you run it through the Roku instead of directly.

You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection. When you then log into the system's web page on your browser while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

One caveat: the Roku must already have been set up and linked to your Roku account. If this is a new, never-set-up unit (or one that has had its link wiped out by a factory reset) you'll need to set it up and link it via a conventional net connection before using the hotel/dorm login procedure - a cell phone hotspot can be used for this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos