Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ar2r02
Reel Rookie

Mobile App Remote says “No Devices Found” when connected to Marriot Hote Wifi

I connect my Roku Stick to the Marriot hotel Wifi. I am trying to the app on my phone as a remote. On the Devices, it says “no Devices found”.

-my phone is connect to the same Wifi

- stick is connected to the wifi as “hote” connection; went through the browser to connect the stick to the wifi

- mobile says “no devices found”; i just used the stick at home this morning and was able to use my phone as remote

- i reset my phone and stick but stick the same issue

- i tried to manually type the ip address of the stick to my mobile app but still “no devices found

-tried system and network connection reset but still did not work

-mobile app version is up to date

what do i do now so i could use my phone as the remote?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mobile App Remote says “No Devices Found” when connected to Marriot Hote Wifi

The hotel probably prevents devices connected to Wi-Fi from communicating with each other.  It's known as "client isolation".  There's probably nothing you can do about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ar2r02
Reel Rookie

Re: Mobile App Remote says “No Devices Found” when connected to Marriot Hote Wifi

I stayed 2 weeks ago in a Marriot hotel and was able to connect my mobile remote App to the stick for one night. The next time up to today, i am still not able to get it connected. that’s why i tried connecting my phone and stick at home last monday to seenif there’s something wrong with the hardware, but it worked at home.   Now i am at the hotel again and i my Mobile remote app still will not detect the stick thru the hotel wifi. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.